Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My girl rabbit is making funny noises?

I have two male rabbits. I recently adopted a female as it had no home. I take care of it very well. Two of the boys are fighting over it and they are trying to have sex with it. Apart from that they get along quite well. My female rabbit has just started making this weird groaning noise. Also the male rabbits thump there feet into the ground and this makes a noise aswell. I am quite worried about my female rabbit could this noise be bad?My girl rabbit is making funny noises?
my rabbit thumps his feet and as long as they are separated they should be fine!My girl rabbit is making funny noises?
The noises are probably a grunting noise that she's irratated from the males she don't want to be bothered by the males.





I own my own forum please come check it out. It has to deal with guinea pigs and rabbits. there is a lot of info on there that could help you. please go to http://www.healthycavies.proboards56.com


you may sign up if you like.
congrats on the adoptions i'm sure she'll be happy...as for the grunting sounds, it would mean that she is irritated and does not want to be bothered by your males..thumping is also a sign of irritation..i would def seperate them into different cages, i'm assuming thru adoption they are all fixed? i would do a introduction of them an not just throw them in..bonding isnt an easy process and needs to be done slowly to keep watch for fighting etc..you could introduce them in a seperate area like out in a run where there are no scents of the males ( for domince issues) and work with them slowly..
It sounds like some sort of rabbit mating ritual. I wouldn't be too concerned.
Nothing to worry about its the courtship or the mating call....that they are expressing

No comments:

Post a Comment