Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can you take a rabbit on a plane?

Would it affect a rabbit with the high altitude? Where would the airline place the rabbit? Could I have it at my feet in a box. The ride would be fun Florida to NC.Can you take a rabbit on a plane?
you have to read up on the airlines policy, just go to their website.


it is fairly pricy though. %26amp; yes, if you have a proper airline approved cage which can be purchased cheap from petsmart etc. then you could keep it at your feet but at no point during the flight can you take it out. I was going to take my yorkie with me, but you have to book ahead of time saying you are bringing a pet, because only 2 were allowed on my air craft, and it was going to be $150 one way, not counting the way back.





just go to your air lines web site %26amp; look for a link to their policy.





hope this helps :) good luck!Can you take a rabbit on a plane?
If you are riding in a plane I think you can have a rabbit in a Small cage, as along as it is mesh or a soft carrier at your feet.





As for the actual rabbit if it has never traveled before it could stress it out. Sometimes leading to snuffles to develope. But for the most part the rabbit should be fine. All the sound and unfamiliar environment wold scare it but it should survive.
I flew my bunnies from Colorado to France and they did fine. Unfortunately they had to fly cargo because they weren't flying with a person. I think they would do even better in the cabin. As others suggested, check with the airline website and then call and get verification. I think it was more scary for me than for them.
yes but you have to pay extra and some airlines wont take aniamls and they need to get teseted and shots to make sure it is healthy.and even if it is fun the rabbits dont like it one bit they get stressed out and i doubt that they let you put the rabbit between you feet

No comments:

Post a Comment