Saturday, January 23, 2010

So I've recently acquired a pet rabbit and am looking for a way to reward him with treats but which kind?

I've searched the internet some sites give me ideas but they contradict each otherSo I've recently acquired a pet rabbit and am looking for a way to reward him with treats but which kind?
My bunny LOVES blueberries, strawberries, and a slice of banana! You'll just have to try stuff to see what your rabbit likes! Just remember not to give him them all the time! I'll give her one strawberry like every two days or three little blueberries or the slice of banana!So I've recently acquired a pet rabbit and am looking for a way to reward him with treats but which kind?
Do not give your pet iceberg lettuce. Romaine, red leaf and other dark green lettuces are ok because they are more rich in nutrients. Iceberg lettuce is NOT good for your rabbit. Carrots and carrot tops are good. My rabbit likes little pieces of celery, and occasionally I give him 1-2 raisons if we're traveling or something that is stressful to him like a trip to the vet. Make sure you wash all fruits and veggies before letting him eat them. Grass that hasn't been treated with anything is also a good treat. Oh, and my bunny goes crazy for dandelions. Also, when you give your bunny something he hasn't eaten before, introduce it to him and slowly increase the amount over the next few weeks.
Well you could go to a pet store and look do you mean treats as food or treats as toys if toys you could make one by getting a toilet paper roll and put timothy hay in it sorry i dont know a food treat but like i said you could go to a pet store hope i helped and good luck! :)
I have a little information I have a bunny rescue and understand all the information out their isn't all cute and fluffy sometimes. well fruit and veggies are the best they love it just the basics really like lettuce since they aren't suppose so often and the pet stores will tell you the best for your bunnies appetite but carrots they love and alfalfa is a treat to be given on occasion
Rabbits like spring greens, grass and carrots. My bun Tizzy loves a handful of grass; she'll demolish it within seconds when my other loves carrots!
Small bits of fresh fruits, and fresh herbs both make excellent and healthy treats for rabbits.
My friend has several rabbits and they go CRAZY for vegetables. Especially lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment