Sunday, January 24, 2010

Can I use a dog cage as a Rabbit Cage?

I would really like to get a rabbit, and I've been doing research on how to look after them and stuff.


I've been looking around to try and find indoor cages, but there doesn't seem to be a wide selection (I wan't to spend between 拢30-拢40).





Could you use a medium sized dog cage as an indoor rabbit cage?Can I use a dog cage as a Rabbit Cage?
yeah you could just make sure the cage is big enough for the rabbit to hop around in and make sure the rabbit cant get out of itCan I use a dog cage as a Rabbit Cage?
Actually using a dog cage (well more commonly the crates) is a fairly popular way to house rabbits with all the overpriced and under developed commercial rabbit habitats in production right now. Just make sure your bunny has plenty of room to hop around in the cage and adding shelf for him/her to hide under or get up on to look around wouldn't be a bad idea either.
I wouldn't recommend it, the bottom of dog cages isn't high enough, and the rabbit would kick the shavings out. A dog cage is also pretty small. If you want to make a cheap cage, visit www.guineapigcages.com, its in your price range to make a cage. The more space, the better! Good luck :)
Yup thats what my rabbits are in and they are happy! Dont spend a whole lot of money. Try looking through yard sales first (if u have them..) and rumage sale, the classifieds and the like (again if u have them). Just make sure the cage is big enough for a litter box if u want them litter trained and enough room to run in.
*I bought the biggest dog cage I could find, it is not a crate. I like the cage to be open like the rabbit cages so this is why I buy the dog cage and not the crates. There is a lot of room in the real big ones even for the giants.
I use an open dog crate,not dog cage.


My bunny has plenty of room to move around and stretch out,and he can see everything around him.
Yeah you could depending on the size

No comments:

Post a Comment