Saturday, January 23, 2010

My rabbit's ears always stand, 2day I noticed 1 ear hangs like a dead leaf while d other looks fine. Plz help!

She looks fine, still keep eating and running. There is no obvious wound or redness or swelling near the ear. When i try to help the ear to stand, it just last for a few seconds before it fell down again. It looks like the bone is broken or something. Please give me some advices what to do. Thanks very much.My rabbit's ears always stand, 2day I noticed 1 ear hangs like a dead leaf while d other looks fine. Plz help!
How old is she? Most baby bunnies ears are up, but when they get older (and bigger) they'll hang down. Or, she could be holding it that way on purpose.





If you are that concerned, you could take her to a vet. There are no bones in the rabbit's ear (I believe just muscles/tendons to hold the ears up.) but if you worry that some kind of trauma has occurred, you should get her checked out.My rabbit's ears always stand, 2day I noticed 1 ear hangs like a dead leaf while d other looks fine. Plz help!
her ear should be fine if it doesnt hurt when u touch it or move it...then i would be worried.





i love playing with both my bunnies ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment