Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I have a rabbit and my mom accidentally got her Guinea pig food is it bad if she ate it?

i didnt check the label before i gave it to her and she ate it is that bad?I have a rabbit and my mom accidentally got her Guinea pig food is it bad if she ate it?
The only difference between rabbit and guinea pig foods is that guinea pig food has vitamin C added. It won't hurt the rabbit at all.I have a rabbit and my mom accidentally got her Guinea pig food is it bad if she ate it?
if she continues to eat it as a main diet, she may become ill, but just eating it for a couple of meals and thats it she should be ok.


however, if a guinea pig were to eat rabbit food continually it would get seriously ill and possibly die.





guinea pigs and rabbits DO not eat the same food (otherwise the packet would say 'guinea pig and rabbit food' on the packet, like it does for hamster and gerbils.) rabbit food contains something that is essential for rabbits but toxic to guinea pigs. they should never be housed together because of this, and because of the size difference that causes guinea pigs to be seriously injured by the rabbits strong back legs.


sorry for the rant
Shouldn't kill her but won't be as balanced for her. Her main diet should be hay. We give our bunnies Way too many pellets. Watch her water intake to make sure it doesn't upset her tummy. Compare the ingredients to see how similar it is to the rabbit food that you were using to check compatibility.
I don't think that it would be harmful, but I would discontinue giving it to her. I would just keep an eye on her and if she starts acting funny, I would then contact a vet, but I don't think you will have anything to worry about.
dont think it will harm her as they both eat pretty much the same stuff, have a very similar diet, thats why you can keep them together as pets and give them the same food.
nooooooooo way guinea pigs eat the same things as rabbits! you shouldn't worry nothing will happen to your rabbit it's pretty much the same grain!

No comments:

Post a Comment