Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anyone have any nice rabbit hutch designs?

Our old hutch is falling apart and we plan to build a new one this summer. I have 2 rabbits. We want for them to be in spearte sections by eachother and a 2 layer wire divider between them. We also want each of theor sides big enough so they have plenty of room to stretch out and beable to hop about. Wire shouldnt be the entire bottom but where droppings fall through the wire, we plan to have land on a slanted surface bekow so it can fall behind. The bottom section where most hutched have nothing, we want a nice storage area for chips, food, brushes, ect.


I know those are all so specific, Im mainly seeking any good sites with diagrams and measurements provided.


Thanks!Anyone have any nice rabbit hutch designs?
You have a good idea started already, you are not going to find a design to fit those specifics. What you can do is look as some other designs of wood and wire cages and take it from there. Size of the hutches depend on the how large your rabbits are and how much delux extra room you want for them. I made my rabbit cages from my brain but I used some pictures to go by. I had many diffrent kinds since I like my rabbits to have lots of room. Mostly I fenced in an area on the ground like a chicken coop and had them run free in a Warren. I'll show you some good sights to try to go on, Im not suggesting you buy it but just use the model to look at and see the size and shape to go by. They usually have dimentional information next to the models. As for the storage facility make sure its pretty water proof but also able to have good ventlation as you dont want your chips and hay to get mold from being locked in an airtight container or shed.


http://www.i4at.org/lib2/rcage.htm


http://www.rabbitstop.com/Merchant2/merc鈥?/a>


http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resou鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment