Saturday, January 16, 2010

My rabbit is losing hair on legs?

I have a 5 year old black male mini lop rabbit


Recently he has developed a 2 hairless patches on both of his back legs (2 per leg) and I am really worried.


Is it mites? Fleas?


Please help! I want him to die of old age and nothing else!My rabbit is losing hair on legs?
I actually have a black, female, rex who is loosing her hair all over her body. Shes about 4 years old. I dont know why, but shes in perfect health besides that,My rabbit is losing hair on legs?
is the cage dirty? because if it is he could be sleeping in all his muck and its making him loose hair on the back of his legs or if it is concrete?
did you switch bedding by any chance?





i used cedar chips (thought it was for rabbits) and turns out the vet said its really bad for them and will cause balding spots
A dirty cage will indeed make rabbits loose hair on their feet, legs, and bum. Also if the rabbit has to stand or lay on a wire cage floor all day he will loose his hair and/or get really sore feet!


The most important thing is that he gets out daily for a little bit of exercise AND you need to put a piece of carpet or board for him to stand on in his cage if he has wire flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment