Saturday, January 16, 2010

My rabbit has lost a little fure on the top of his ear what is wronge?

my rabbit has to big brown floppy ears and he has lost a patch of fure on the top of one of them. i also have a guinea pig in the same hutch so i dont no if the rabbit has be scratching or if the guinea pig has been biting him. please HELP me .My rabbit has lost a little fure on the top of his ear what is wronge?
This has happened to my rabbit, he lives on his own and I don't know what caused it but he is fine with it and he isn't scratching it or anything. Have you seen your rabbit scratch his ear? Your rabbit could have ear mites, have you checked inside his ear to make sure that there is no brown crusty stuff inside as this could indicate ear mites. If there is none of this he could have rubbed his ear on something. I think that you should monitor him closely and see whether he is scratching it or whether the guinea pig is biting it.My rabbit has lost a little fure on the top of his ear what is wronge?
Either way, you do not need to worry. He will be just fine.


Only keep an eye to make sure they are not fighting.


If they are you may need to seperate them.
If his ears are large and floppy enough to reach with his mouth, check for fleas, mites, or other parasites. He may be licking/chewing the fur off himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment