Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a female friend who just had to put her very close cat to sleep. I was going to get her a dwarf rabbit.

where to find a dwarf rabbit for her.I have a female friend who just had to put her very close cat to sleep. I was going to get her a dwarf rabbit.
lol.... Why do you think that we have answers for you of this kind?





Open the phone book, look up pet shops and start calling around...





It's pretty much your only option.I have a female friend who just had to put her very close cat to sleep. I was going to get her a dwarf rabbit.
It depends on your friend. If she was really attached to the cat, wait a few days. She'll be happy for a new pet but it'll be like she's replacing the cat and she might cry. If she wasn't very attached, wait a day and then give the new pet to her.
Why a rabbit? You really should not be getting pets for other people; it's not a toy, but a lifelong commitment. Unless you know for certain your friend wants another furbaby, and unless you know for certain that she has the resources to care for a bunny, don't even think of getting her another animal.





And do NOT go to breeders or pet stores. Go to a shelter or a rescue group if she decides she's ready for another animal.
Bill,





I doubt the pet stores will have Dwarf rabbits, but most breeders are listed online. If I knew where you were, I would look it up for you. I am sorry for your friend's loss. I have a cat that is family to me and I can't imagine coming home to a house without her.





You are a good friend...
Tread very carefully here.


first of all if your friend's cat was so close to her are you sure she is ready for another animal - she could still be mourning the loss of the cat and not be emotionally ready to accept another animal.


Also why have you chosen a rabbit - are you sure that is what she would want or would another cat be more suitable ?


I strongly suggest you talk to her before doing anything, surprizes are nice but surprize animals can be a really bad idea for all involved.
They have them at big pet stores...or if you can find someone who breeds rabbits ...one time i found a lady in my area who had bout 400 rabbits i basically had my choice out of anyone i wanted...sometimes at pet stores they have flyers up and stuff...also try online would be a sure bet.
Rabbits are very different from cats, so first make sure she wants one and can handle a different kind of responsibility - you can read up at http://www.rabbit.org





There are millions of rabbits of all sizes in rescue shelters - there are even rescues just for rabbits, so please consider adopting one from there before going to a pet store. The website above also has a list of shelters all over the country so you can find one near you. These places will also have rabbits that are already spayed/neutered - as it is very important that you get a rabbit fixed - the website will also tell you all about that.
Does your friend want the rabbit?


She may still be recovering from the ordeal of having to put her cat to sleep.





If however, you do get a rabbit, whereabout do you live? Animal rescues even have rabbits and small animals for adoption.
uh, if your friend has not said she wants a dwarf rabbit, do NOT get one for her. I would be ticked off if someone got one for me when I put my cat to sleep!


Rabbits are VERY different than cats.
dont buy unless your sure she wants a rabbit,just incase she decides on another cat
Look at your local craigslist under pets.. Make sure she wants the bunny first though, At any rate, adopt.
first know about her likes and dislikes...... if she wont take ur gift it hurt u.... so first know frm her that whether she likes rabbits or not
DONT!!!


cats are very different to rabbits. i had a dwarf rabbit to replace my old cat and it just wasnt the same!!


it may sound like a good idea but it will cause lots of issues!!


get her a kitten from a shelter or something!


NO RABBITS!
I wouldn't. Give her some time to grieve for her cat first. I would be offended if someone brought me a pet just after losing one of my ';babies';.

No comments:

Post a Comment