Monday, January 18, 2010

Does my rabbit like lying down on its back?

What I do sometimes is hold my rabbit and let it lie down between my folded knees. I mean, lying down with their back, like we do when we sleep. She closes her eyes and I don' know if it's a sign of satisfaction or pain. Does anybody know?? thanks!Does my rabbit like lying down on its back?
Sometimes when you go to pick up your rabbit she may think that you are going to harm it and and your rabbit will pretend she's dead for as long as it takes for you to put it her down, as they would do in the wild if a fox came and caught a rabbit, it would pretend it was dead so the fox would just ignore it and put it down.


It will not harm your rabbit, but it will irritate her if she has to do it often and she will dred you picking her up, and it will become cruel.


If you lie her between your legs and rub her tummy that will put her into a trance.


When i hold my rabbits they fall backwards and close there eyes, you just have to pull or push them forwards gently and show them that you dont mean them harm.Does my rabbit like lying down on its back?
Its VERY stressful to a rabbit,to be laid on her back. You can *Trance* a rabbit,when she lays on her back,by stroking the side of her face %26amp; body,she will almost appear dead. Its not a good idea to lay her,on her back for too long. I doubt she is relaxed,but she isn't in pain either.





Hope this helps! xxxx
I doubt she is in pain,but its defiantly not a sign of satisfaction. I'd stop doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment