Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Would it be alright if I let my rabbit loose when I'm outside since I can see her and the yard is enclosed?

Would it be harmful to her if she ate outside grasses? She is about 3 months old.Would it be alright if I let my rabbit loose when I'm outside since I can see her and the yard is enclosed?
Not at all. She would probably love it. I let my rabbit out with me and she hops around and nibbles the grass, wildflowers, and plays with my cat.Would it be alright if I let my rabbit loose when I'm outside since I can see her and the yard is enclosed?
My own rabbit has free run of the house 24/7 but is very nervous of being outside. He will bolt for the door when it is open so I have given up on this idea. The only potential problem with this is that since your rabbit is not used to fresh grass it may upset his stomach. Try limiting his time out to about 10 to 15 minutes at a time until he has built up the proper bacteria in his gut to digest it. Diarrhea can be very dangerous to young animals.
she can still fit under the fence, be careful
it's alright to let her out and she can eat grass, just keep a very close eye on her and dogs that may walk by...
Your rabbit would be perfectly fine as long as you can keep an eye on her and there is no other pet to bother her. The grasses would be beneficial to her health.
Since you're going to watch her, you will be able to stop her if she tries to dig her way under the fence. It should be alright if there are no bushes, crevices or places she can get back into where you can't get her out. A good idea would be to get one of those outside kennels. It's made of wire and gives small animals the room to stretch out and run around a little while they're outside.





Don't know how big your yard is, but keep in mind that if it's a big yard, it might take a while catch her when you're ready. They are fast.





As long as the grass hasn't been treated with chemicals it should be fine for her to eat.
Sure as long as you keep an eye on her she would probably love it
don't see anything wrong with it. she may be a little hard to catch once you let her go though.
Make sure there are no spaces in the fence and no threats to the rabbit. Grasses are okay, just don't give him/her too much vegetables and fruits, or plants.
  • clown mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment