Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is my rabbit pregnant or is it a phantom pregnancy?

my doe was mated with my buck but i cant remember how long ago. she started to make a nest yesterday,and she is eating and drinking lots. But she isn't very fat. im not sure weather it is a phantom pregnancy or a real one.Is my rabbit pregnant or is it a phantom pregnancy?
take her away from the male rabbit for at least 2 days and if she contines making the nest she is pregnantIs my rabbit pregnant or is it a phantom pregnancy?
yay rabbit babies are so cute ^^

Report Abuse



I suspect she's pregnant. Very often they really show much, especially with a first litter.





I used to have a doe who had phantom pregnancies and made nests, but she didn't tend to eat or drink more.





I know it's not very helpful, but I reckon you'll soon find out!





By the way, if the buck is still with her it might be a good idea to remove him, so he can still see her, but not bother her.





Best of luck.
if you think she is pregnant go ahead and give her a nest box some of my does have build a nest one week before they had them.and my does went off feed 1-2 day before she had them. she will pull fur from her stomach and chest to line the nest with.
Right after she made the nest she should of had her babies.


Take the male away from the female or he will eat her babies.


And just take time. My rabbit wasn't fat when she had her babies. But she had 6 of them. Just take time.
Its best to take her to the vet to take a look at her rather then ask us. The vet should be able to tell you whether she is pregnant or having a phantom.





Good luck!!
Take her away from the male rabbit and monitor her progress

No comments:

Post a Comment